terça-feira, 11 de outubro de 2016

[Workshop] Gamification & Way of Council: Skills Assessment

It’s been some years since I realized that I would like to become a trainer. This way, I began by taking the CCP (Certificate on Pedagogic Competences) in Portugal, however it wasn’t enough. I had the certificate, but I was lacking in knowledge. Due to that, I started to do e-learning courses on EdX and Coursera, they gave me the information that I needed, but I was still feeling that I didn't have the necessary experience in delivering workshops. After being a volunteer in the organization SPEAK, where I was teaching English to foreign people, and a facilitator in a full week course in Denmark, the experience that was missing began to appear.

By this time, there was just one thing missing, the confidence to do it! Fortunately, it didn’t take much to obtain it. A month after being in Denmark, I went to an Erasmus+ training course, where I had the opportunity to meet people that really inspired me. The secret of the inspiration it’s that also brings with her some motivation and a sense of adrenaline. This way, I returned to Portugal with the willing of facilitate my first workshop.

The workshop happened in the organization BEST Almada, where I was a member, and it was about the topics approached in Czech Republic, gamification and way of council.

The gamification part it was great. I began by doing a get to know activity, that it would be used during the workshop. I asked to the participants to draw the face traces of their peers in a paper sheet, the final result it was a nice avatar.

As the workshop was going, we talked about what is gamification, why gamify, the advantages and disadvantages of it, what is intrinsic motivation, which game elements can be used, how can we apply them, the type of players that exist and, in the end, we did an exercise where the participants had to apply the knowledge that they acquired by gamifying one of the events of the organization.

On the second part, I did a briefly introduction to the storytelling technique way of council: what was, the intentions behind the technique and how can be used. We proceeded by applying the technique on ourselves, which resulted in a very nice sharing moment. To finish the workshop, I asked to the participants to draw their feelings about the organization BEST (after the way of council) in a big paper.



The workshop it was really nice. I really appreciate this opportunity, that was given by BEST Almada. It allowed me to evaluate my competences, mainly where I need to improve, which in my opinion it’s my communication and also the content that it’s being delivered (once that I wasn’t really mastering it). Also, a big thank you to the trainers of the training course of Czech Republic, this workshop it wouldn’t be possible without the knowledge and the inspiration that they transmitted.


*Sorry for the mistakes, but for some reason I think that I know how to write in english. Anyway, if I want to improve, the best way to do it is through practice.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário